My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, April 15, 2003
 
Having a teenager (Have mine.. please!)

Well, when getting home from work, my son asked me to take him "car shopping" at the local dealer. I enjoy doing things with my son.. especially typically "guy" things. I don't feel as close to my son as I should be... and I've tried what I feel is everything to try to change that, but he just doesn't open up to me. Of course, there was nothing at the dealer that he liked because he wants a sporty car with a standard, and most of the cars we looked at were automatic. According to him, he HAS to have a standard. He's extremely one-minded on two things in life now it seems... his standard car, and getting a tongue piercing on Thursday, his 18th birthday.

Yes, we had "words" again after dinner last night about him getting a pierced tongue. He even called our family dentist but even after being told of chipped teeth, infections.. etc, he still is pushing forward with no sign of even being slowed down. My wife and I pleaded with him one last time, and he just ignores us, states he's going to have it done and that's it. If he only knew how much this will hurt us, and the rest of his family.... but then again, maybe he does know... and doesn't care. I'm hoping it's not the latter's case.

I wonder if I was ever that way.

I had a nice walk around the block with my daughter last night. We walked and talked. It's nice when I get a chance to do that. It seems I seem to be able to talk to her about anything, and she's the best listener in our family.