My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, April 29, 2003
I love beating up car salesmen So, we went to see a 2002 Mazda Protege last night, listed at $12,999. Took it for a test drive and loved it. Then I hit the salesmen with all the right questions.. loaner car, roadside assistance.. etc. He tried to tell me there wasn't a lot of room in the price, because it was newer... yadda yadda yadda. He came down to $12,500. I said we weren't even close, and told him my budget was $11,500. He played the normal salesman card and went and got the manager who came to sit down and explain the same as the salesman did minutes ago, then offered $11,995. I said "I guess I've wasted your time then, because as I said, my budget is $11,500" He begged me to reconsider.. yadda yadda yadda. He got up to leave, and made one last offer, "$12,250 and I'll throw in the extended warranty (worth $500)". This brings the car cost down to $11,750, $250 more than we wanted to spend. I said "Well, if you find yourselves in some kind of insanity that you're willing to come down to my level, call me:. Either way, whether he calls or not, we may end up getting the car. I'll let him sweat it out a day or so. |