My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, April 14, 2003
My first Blog: So, here I am on a Monday, at my State job, writing in between doing worky type things (yes, State employees DO work.... at least some of them/us do). I have a wife (I'll get to her later), 2 children (daughter 21, son 18 in 3 days) and loads of angst. You see, my 18 year old son, thinks that when he turns 18 he magically becomes the "MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE", and that like a light switch, everything will change on that day. (I don't have the heart to tell him it'll be the same as the day before) He also wants to pierce his tongue (insert groaning sound here) against everyone in our family's wishes. He thinks that'll make him cool I guess, but we all know better. You live and learn. Other than some different (read weird) views on life, my son is one of the most giving people I know. He thinks nothing at all, of helping out anyone, for any reason (especially his family) unless it means getting out of bed before noon (just kidding). Half of the time I don't understand is views on life (do any parents understand their teenagers???) but I know that down deep, he has a great heart. More on him later. My daughter is "Daddy's Little Girl" (ok, so she's 21, but she's still my little girl so deal with it!) She's incredibly smart, very beautiful, though a bit quiet. She's just about to graduate from college, and going to be a schoolteacher anytime soon now, which means she'll wake up soon and go "ha ha Dad, I have the WHOLE summer off, and you have to work".... at which point I'll remind her whose house she's living in for free.. heh heh heh. Having that power over her is short lived though... someday, she'll move out much to my dismay, and I'll be left to pick on my son (who's bigger than me now). Back to work. More soon.. |