My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, April 24, 2003
Stephen King, Mexican Food and other ramblings Well, my friend Dave and I went to dinner and a movie last night. Dinner was El Sombrero's, a fantastic Mexican restaurant in Southington (with many margharita's thrown in for good measure), and the movie was DreamCatcher, by Stephen King. Now, dinner was on Dave cause he lost a bet wtih me. Food and drink were great, and I had enough left over to take home some (food). The movie was.... ok. Maybe a 6.5 out of 10 for me. Keep in mind, I didn't read the book (never read any of King's books), but it seems in every single one of his movies that I see, there's one moment, when someone does something so incredibly stupid, so astoundingly idiotic, that it just kind of ticks me off and partially ruins the movie for me. On the other hand, before the movie is about a 10-15 minute long movie called "The Animatrix" that was outstanding! It's an anime version of The Matrix that we both thought was great. Highly recommended. Lots of good movies coming out soon, so maybe I'm just itching to see them: Terminator 3 X-Men 2 The Matrix Reloaded The Hulk Pirates of the Caribbean Have a great Thursday! |