My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Friday, May 09, 2003
College Awards... I went to my daughters awards banquet last night at her college. There were over 300 students getting some kind of "cum laude" award (Magna, Suma, and normal cum laude). My daughter was in neither group. She was getting an award for being in and excelling in the Honors Program, where she has had to take much harder course load than the other 300 kids did, do from one to three times the work, do a major junior honors thesis.. etc, and because her GPA through 3 semesters this year is 3.499, she doesn't get a cum laude award, where a 3.5 is needed. Were they to take into account this last semester, she would be well over the magic 3.5 GPA. I am convinced (and so is she and her teachers) that were my daughter not in the honors program, she would have been awarded a gold sash and the Magna Cum Laude, the highest honor. Because she is in the honors program, she got a pen. Have a great weekend.... |