My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, July 15, 2003
 
Dad Report

Well, I took dad to two doctors yesterday, and he's actually so thin and frail now (never seen him this way in my life) that I had to get a wheelchair at the office and cart him around in that as he was getting tired and out of breath.
It's really hard seeing my dad in this kinda shape, but he's not eating enough and actually lost 2 pounds last week. Both doctors told him he had to eat more and gain weight, but cranky guy that he is, it's hard right now. It's still hard to swallow, and he's not that hungry, but he has to try.
The oncologist also told me to make the appointment for his radiation therapy (where I work), so today I call about that. The other reason they want him to gain weight, is after the radiation treatments, he'll lose his appetite for a few days.. *sigh*

Tonight, I'm going to buy mom a blender so she can make dad some coffee milkshakes. Actually, my daughter's going to go over and show her how to make a great coffee milkshake (of course, there'll be a lot of taste testing, quality control, and tweaking so that daughter will need to taste a lot of it *chuckle*).

I've heard from some of my buds from where I used to work, The Torrington Company, now Timken (always great to hear from them):
Kent's settling into his new job at Pella in Kentucky, but he says the grass really isn't blue there! Go figure.
Curt's doing well, but getting worried about his job, as the new company that bought them is closing plants like mad.
Tim's still a slut. He calls me one, but he's wrong *L* Nah, seriously, Tim's one of the good guys. I'm more worried about his job than anyone elses from what I read in the papers up here.

Other than that, not much to report.. more news as it happens!