My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, July 21, 2003
 
What a Weekend!

Well, Friday night I took wife and daughter out to dinner at a local restaurant and had a nice dinner.

Saturday, 3:30am came REALLY early to wake up, and drive to Vermont with Gary. Did I mention, we were 10 miles from the Canadian border? Now, Gary is one of the faster drivers I've ever driven with, but he's a good driver too. Even still, we were doing between 90-100 through very dense fog on Rt 91N in Vermont, and the only thing I was worried about was running into a deer or moose. Well, after telling Gary about this, what do you think we say.... yep, the fog broke for about 10 seconds and there were two deer does in the middle of the highway! We were able to slow down and go around them quick enough, but had they been in the middle of the fog..... wow.
We got to Lowell VT, and I met Gary's brother, a really nice guy that was funny as heck. He and Gary get along so well, they're more like best friends than brothers. We went out and had breakfast together, then to a small town called Irasburg that we came through on the way up, that had a huge tag sale in the town square. Someone there brought a bunch of Alpaca's (an animal indigenous to the Peruvian Andes) and a bunch of scarves and gloves made from their hair. They were VERY soft (the scarves), and the animals were really strange looking with very long necks. Well, we left there and tried to take a shortcut back to Gary's brother's house (Vernon). Well, this shortcut took us on a dirt road that quickly turned into something only 4X4's could get through (luckily Gary has a 4X4 truck). We picked up a bunch of coolers and headed to the butcher shop we came to VT for.
The butcher was a nice guy, still building his business when Vernon, who's interested in all machinery asked about a piece of equipment "Hey, what's this", which the butcher replied, well that's a brand new "chicken plucker". Both Vernon and I stuck our heads above it to see inside, and it's a stainless steel drum, kinda like a washing machine with a bunch of rubber spikes sticking out (and from the bottom). We were told the bottom spun around at high speed, and the chicken's feathers come flying off when they hit the rubber spikes.
I moved close to Vernon, gave him my most serious look, and said "They are dead... when thrown in aren't they?" and Vernon laughed so hard I thought he'd split a side! Before leaving, the butcher asked if we were interested in some moose meat, so Gary and I split 20#'s of moose meat (steaks and hamburger). That'll be interesting!
Well, after getting all we needed, dropping Vernon off with his part, we headed home uneventful to go to a nice dinner with our wives at The Olive Garden.

Sunday I found out my mom got in a small fender bender on Saturday.. luckily nobody got hurt, and the rest of the day I spent looking for new cars with my daughter.

Have a great week!