My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, November 13, 2003
Cold and WINDY! Today, the temps are supposed to drop from the current 50's, down into the low 30's, with very high winds. Sheesh, talk about Tuesday, on the way home from shopping with my daughter, somehow I must have turned wrong.. because my neck started hurting like mad when I turned to the right. It got worse overnight, and yesterday it was really bad. I went to see the Physical Therapist in our West Hartford office, and she gave me a warm, moist pad to put on it. That helped a bit, but as soon as I took it off, the pain came back. Went to our East Hartford office and asked the same of that Physical Therapist. He had me lie down on a bed, yanked my head every which way, hearing all kinds of cracking noises (yes, this scared the hell out of me) then proceeded to do the same on my back! Scared the hell out of me when he made those noises with my back. I left his office, not feeling any better. Go figure. Today, it's about 75% better thank God. Hopefully today will go quickly in work as I have lots to do (and a trip to the Simsbury office). PC Illeterate people. I have a lady in work, that when I ask Is the light on the MONITOR on, she says "Yes, the num lock, and the caps lock is on". I can even live with the people that think the monitor IS the "computer", but I said "no, the MONITOR" twice, and she said the same thing each time. And a joke for Friday (this one's for you Paul) One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above a river, his axe fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?" The woodcutter replied that his axe has fallen into water, and he needed the axe to make his living. The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. The woodcutter replied, "No." The Lord again went down and came up with a silver axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. Again, the woodcutter replied, "No." The Lord went down again and came up with an iron axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. The woodcutter replied, "Yes." The Lord was pleased with the man's honesty and gave him all three axes to keep, and the woodcutter went home happy. Some time later the woodcutter was walking with his wife along the riverbank, and his wife fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked him, "Why are you crying?" "Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!" The Lord went down into the water and came up with Jennifer Lopez. "Is this your wife?" the Lord asked. "Yes," cried the woodcutter. The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!" The woodcutter replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Jennifer Lopez, You would have come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Then if I also said 'no' to her, you would have come up with my wife. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three. Lord, I am a poor man, and am not able to take care of all three wives, so THAT'S why I said yes to Jennifer Lopez." The moral of this story is: Whenever a man lies, it is for a good and honorable reason, and for the benefit of others. Oh well.... have a great day! |