My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, November 04, 2003
Idiots.. they're all idiots Ok, so I travel with my personal car for work, and get a whopping 36 cents a mile. I keep meticulous track of every mile travelled. Last month, I turned in $46.74 worth of travel, but the check I got was for $40.10. I called to see why the difference and was told "The State has designated milage between cities, and my milage is too high". So I asked, "What does the chart say"? For one example, travel from the WH office and the Simsbury office, the State says it should be 10 miles, but the odometer on my car says it's more like 16. They graciously "give" me an extra 20%, to bring it up to 12 miles. I can prove it's 16+ miles on mapping software I have. He says I'll have to print out and submit with every milage request. I ask for a copy of the "State" milage chart.. and get all kinds of hemming and hawing. I ask "Isn't it odd, that I need to provide you proof, and when I ask for proof about the State's milage, I can't get it"? At which point, he suggests I speak to his supervisor. EXACTLY! Did anyone else see the ABC special last night, probing whether Mary Magdelene was actually Jesus Christ's wife? It was real good, and inspired by the book "The Davinci Codes". There is some evidence that it may be true, and that Mary may have fled to Gaul (now France) after the crucifixion, while with child. There, a group of men called "The Priory of Sion" kept the secret, and guarded the family for years to come. Great story, read The Davinci Codes to learn more. Oh well.... work calls! |