My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, November 17, 2003
 
The weekend from hell...

Well, I think maybe the whole family got around 10 hours of sleep total, over the last 3 days.

It started Friday night with a major fight between my son, and everyone else. It started with something small, and escalated into something earth shattering (or so it seems) when he was denied going to sleep at a friends house. Now, consider, when I was 18, I NEVER slept at anyone elses house. Oh, and it was the wife that denied it, not me.
He threatens to leave home.. complains for the millionth time about not being able to get his tongue pierced, wife cries... whole house is up till after 3:30am, and by that time, nobody can get any sleep.
Saturday, everything is so tense around the house, you can cut the tension with a knife.
Yesterday, more of the same. Then I took him aside, and we had a long talk. Seems much of his problem at home stems from how he and I butt heads on everything *sigh*.
I swear to God, I try hard to get along with him, but he makes it so hard. Maybe we're too much alike.....
Either way, I got him to make some promises that I hope he'll keep, like to stay home till finishing college, not get his tongue pierced till after college, not bring up having his tongue pierced, and to be more respectful.
When I asked him to tell his mother about this (knew it would relieve her), all she did was criticize him (enter groaning sound here). He leaves the table, and believe me, if looks could kill....
She understood she messed up and went to apologize.

HOPEFULLY... things will get back to normal soon and we can all catch up on our sleep.

So that there's at least some small good news here, the windstorm from last week seems to have blown most of the leaves out of my backyard!

TTFN