My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, December 29, 2003
 
Another short week...

Yep, another nice short week of only 3 days of work. I love this and think it should be all the time! All in favor, raise your hands.

Christmas Eve, we went to mom's house and exchanged gifts there with mom and dad, and brother and sister in law. My daughter's boyfriend Greg was there too. Everyone likes him, and he's an incredible gentleman.

Now, call me a bad person if you wish.. but I was quite disappointed in my Christmas gift from my wife this year. Let me preface this by saying I asked for 3 things for Christmas this year (to my family). The "Pink Panther" movies on DVD, a new page-a-day calendar with Get Fuzzy (cartoon character), and a cast iron kettle for the top of the woodstove.
My mom got me one of the Pink Panther movies, my son and daughter 2 more (the first one was hard to find I hear), and wife gave me a paper shredder. (Now here's the me bad part) I never asked for a paper shredder, never wanted one nor needed one, and was more than a bit surprised when I unwrapped it. Ok, disappointed was the word.
Wife said she was GOING to get me a new stereo tuner, but didnt' know if our new Surround Sound system had one (it does). She could have asked a couple of people if it did, or even me without giving away the gift. I'm just disappointed that she didn't put a bit more thought into a gift for me.
Not only that, but the other two things I asked for I didn't get.
Lest you think I'm a total cad, I will say that I got EXTREME pleasure watching my wife unwrap her gift. Two pairs of Waterford Crystal Millenium toasting flutes shown here. She was breathless, and it was great seeing her so shocked and happy.
I know how much she loves Waterford Crystal, and even more the Millenium things, and she had no idea these existed. The Millenium edition flutes normally have one of the 5 Millenium "symbols" on each pair for peace, prosperity, love, health and happiness, and you have to buy 10 flutes to get them all, but these have all 5 symbols on each flute! I got her two pairs, and she's absolutely overjoyed. *S*

Now, the COOLEST gift I received, was from my best friend and his wife. Actually, she went to a local community college, and signed us both up for a course on "Martini Madness", or how to make dozens of great martini's! I can't wait to go, and yes, we have rides both ways just in case *L*

My friend Ray came over yesterday, and told me that his daughter totalled out 2 cars in 4 days! She wrecked his wife's car, then a few days later, a friend's truck with a firey rollover and everything on the highway Saturday night. She's fine but boy she's had a bit of bad luck.

The funeral for my neighbor was Saturday morning, and it was very beautiful and the church was overflowing with people. He really was a wonderful man, and we'll all miss him. My heart still goes out to his wife and daughters. Through this, my son has been a great help to them, and I'm very proud of him for that.

Well, more as I think of it....