My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, December 23, 2003
 
Now, back to reality....

I forgot to mention yesterday, going to the retirement party for my friend I used to work with.

ALL the people I used to work with were there, and I was prepared for them to ignore me, hate me... .I don't KNOW what.
What happened, was quite the opposite. I felt like a celebrity. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to see me, and made a point to come see me with big smiles on their faces. I saw people I worked very closely with for 10+ years, and it was so incredibly good to see them.... brought back some very very good memories. When the party was over, a few of us stuck around to just chat.. and it was good to catch up.
Oh, did I mention, most of them are getting laid off at the end of Q1 2004? At least a couple of them are asking me to help them get a job where I work. I'll do my best.

I actually made it a full day yesterday in work... as tired as I was. Of course, I was in bed at 9pm last night and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Again with the weird weather, it's been in the 50's yesterday and again today. Luckily, I've got enough work to keep me busy enough that the next day and a half fly by.

Oh, my bud Paul has his website started with some great redneck pictures! Check it out.

One last thing, someone sent me this penquin test! *S* Try it out.

Well, work calls.... TTFN!