My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, December 10, 2003
 
Where'd all the Christmas Spirit go?

<rant>
We had our office Christmas Party yesterday.. and it was quite disappointing. The person playing Santa Clause spoke like Lurch on the Addams Family and was about as jolly as Lurch too. While the food was good, there just didn't seem to be the "festive spirit" I like to see. We also had a grab-bag with a minimum of $10, and at least me and Aaron that I know of, got things worth way less than $10. The gift I gave I paid almost $16 for. The gift I got.... well, I'm sorry to say, sucked. While Christmas IS about giving and not receiving, this was like a great aunt giving you a 10 year old, 5 pound fruitcake.
It got worse when I got home. Wife's in a bad mood and she won't talk to anyone. I tried everything I could think of, so did my daughter.. but no luck. She doesn't seem to care about Christmas shopping either, and that bothers me as if I let it continue, she'll be shopping on Christmas Eve, or not at all. I can count on one hand, how many years we've sent out Christmas Cards, because she doesn't want to do them (if you got one from us, I was the one doing them). Maybe she's just a short grinch.
I bought her some things for Christmas that I'm so excited for (and expensive too), and she seems to suck all the fun out of it. I'm just getting tired of it.
So, I'm taking a half day off today, and going shopping for the kids by myself. Then when I get home, I'll probably string the lights on our tree that's been up for a week now.

In order for me to keep a tiny bit of the Christmas Spirit, I'm going to shop alone today, wrap presents, and string the tree. Seems my daughter and I are the only ones with the spirit this year. Maybe my son has it, but I don't see him enough.
</rant>

Hey Bruce, want to go to the mall today?

Yo, Bubba, how about more pics of the new double-wide!

Curt, what about you man? Where's the new Jeep pics you promised me!

Have a great day.... hopefully I will too!