My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
Wishing it were another 4 day weekend.. Yes, I'm still sore.. getting better real slowly (the price of getting old). Saturday morning, my son and I met Aaron for breakfast, then went to a local computer show. It's alway snice spending time with my son.. we don't do enough together. The rest of the day was filled with things around the house, and basketball game on TV that my friend Ray came over to watch. I have had a nice fire going in the woodstove almost all weekend as it's been so cold out. Sunday, it snowed again, but we all jumped in my SUV and went to visit my mom. I just love driving in the snow! *L* Honest! Of course, Sunday was also football day with 2 playoff games, though they both were pretty boring. I brought my son to work and back as the roads were still pretty slick. Yesterday, I had to bring wife's car to the body shop from that little accident almost 2 months ago, picked up a loaner car and brought it back home. My daughter's quite sick with a nasty cold, so I went to get a presecription for her, and then just played on the PC most of the day. Real exciting life huh! *S* (hope you're feeling better soon hon!) Last night, Ray came over to watch the UCONN game (they won), and during commercials, we switched over to the new American Idol, which has the people auditioning. Goodness that's hilarious! *L* Then I watched just a bit of that "My big fat fiance" show. While the premise looks funny, it's sad that it looks like it's going to rip a family apart, for money. The girl (did I mention she's blonde?) had no problem doing it for money. Today, I have a Physical Therapy appt, but I may have to change the time due to a meeting. Ok, under news of the weird... Trouser Snakes Do The Darnedest Things And a joke for today: UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI ENTRANCE EXAM- FOOTBALL PLAYER VERSION Time Limit: 3 Weeks 1. What language is spoken in France? 2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with particular reference to architecture, literature, law and social conditions -OR- give the first name of Pierre Trudeau. 3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to A. build a bridge B. sail the ocean C. lead an army or D. WRITE A PLAY 4. What religion is the Pope? A. Jewish B. Catholic C. Hindu D. Polish E. Agnostic (check only one) 5. Metric conversion. How many feet is 0.0 meters? 6. What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 5? 7. How many commandments was Moses given? (approximately) 8. What are people in America's far north called? A. Westerners B. Southerners C. Northerners 9. Spell -- Bush, Carter and Clinton 10. Six kings of England have been called George, the last one being George the Sixth. Name the previous five. 11. Where does rain come from? A. Macy's B. a 7-11 C. Canada D. the sky 12. Can you explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity? A. yes B. no 13. What are coat hangers used for? 14. The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country? 15. Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium -OR-spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS. 16. Where is the basement in a three story building located? 17. Which part of America produces the most oranges? A. New York B. Florida C. Canada D. Wisconsin 18. Advanced math: If you have three apples, how many apples do you have? 19. What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for? 20. The University of Miami tradition for efficiency began when? (approximately) A. B.C. B. A.D. C. still waiting *You must answer three or more questions correctly to qualify. Have a great day! |