My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, June 03, 2004
Almost Friday.. thank goodness! You know, for a short week, this sure has been a LONG week! The wife had her tooth fixed yesterday, nice simple job, no "root canal" like her mom told her (sheesh) and life is kinda sorta back to normal. *L* Now that that crisis is over, we're looking at a cruise again. Looks like we may book a cruise at the end of August, out of Miami to the Western Caribbean. It'd be a nice, relaxing time and we're just waiting for my boss to get back to me on taking that time off. MSN just released a list of the 10 most stolen cars of 2003. 8 out of 10 are Saturn and Acura. Odd couple if you ask me. And now, a good joke for you: A nun, really needing to go to the bathroom, walked into a local Hooters. The place was hopping with music and dancing, but every once in a while the lights would turn off. Each time after the lights would go out, the place would erupt into cheers. However, when the revelers saw the nun, the room went dead silent. She walked up to the bartender, and asked, "May I please use the restroom? The bartender replied, "I really don't think you should." "Why not?" the nun asked. "Well, there is a statue of a naked man in there, and his most private parts are covered only by a fig leaf." "Nonsense," said the nun, "I'll just look the other way." So the bartender showed the nun the door at the top of the stairs, and she proceeded to the restroom. After a few minutes, she came back out, and the whole place was hopping with music and dancing again. However, they did stop just long enough to give the nun a loud round of applause. She went to the bartender and said, "Sir, I don't understand. Why did they applaud for me just because I went to the restroom?" Well, now they know you're one of us," said the bartender. "Would you like a drink?" "But, I still don't understand," said the puzzled nun. "You see," laughed the bartender, "every time the fig leaf on the statue is lifted up, the lights go out in the whole place. Now, how about that drink?" Have you seen... Murphy's Laws for Computers! What would you caption this picture? Two 10-year-olds + bulldozer = $500,000 worth of damage Hey Bubba, what's this world coming to... when a buncha Tennessee Rednecks get into a naked, drunken brawl at a car show! Now here's a classic... Outsourced IT staff finger porn-surfing boss who outsourced them No more "Ladies Night" in NJ! Ever wonder how many bottles and cans DON'T get returned for deposit? Until the next wave..... |