My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, June 14, 2004
 
Another Damn Monday...

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were the three most beautiful days, weather-wise that I've seen in a long, long time. Each day was in the mid 70's, bright sunshine with a perfect light breeze.

Friday, my son and I went golfing, and had a wonderful time. He actually beat me by 1 stroke, but I came back the last 3 holes from way down. After golf, I took him out to eat at a great place we both like.
Only problem is... he never even said thanks. (of course I paid for golf and lunch) *sigh*
Then we get home, and him and his sister have a major fight. At that point, things go from bad to worse. I even tell him, before the wife and I go out to dinner Friday night (though I asked him not to say anything right then, I wanted him to think about it), I did expect he'd say something over the weekend, but nothing. I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong.

Saturday, we went searching for a new toaster-oven. Our old one died on Thursday. After looking at a few different stores and not finding what we wanted, I started to think how department store chains have dwindled from many, to a few since Wal-Mart moved into the area. We finally found one late Saturday, brought it home and I tried making toast in it. Damn thing shot a spark out a foot from the knobs and I ripped the plug from the wall quick. Took it back, and the search continued.

Sunday, did our usual, go to see mom and dad with the kids, and later went on safari for another toaster-oven. Finally found one at Kohls (never did like that store for some reason), and of course, all they had was the display model (severely discounted too) so we bought that one and it works!

Other than that, not much else happened of note this weekend.

Tryouts for Gilligan's Island reality show begin. Must be able to build coconut radio and take on the Harlem Globetrotters

Britain invents force-field for tanks. Beam Me up Scotty!

San Francisco Cops moonlighting in porn movie???

Oh well, have a nice Monday... such that it is.