My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, June 07, 2004
Have I mentioned, Mondays suck? *L* Friday night, Dave and I went to see "The Day After Tomorrow". Aaron couldn't make it as at the last minute he had to work real late. I was surprisingly disappointed in the movie. While the special effects were great, the movie had no plot whatsoever. At the end of the movie.. I expected something to be wrapped up, but it just left you.. wondering what the heck just happened. Oh well.. some movies are great, and some aren't. The good news was, dinner at a new Mexican restaurant was very good (and they have a fantastic tequila selection!). Saturday, the wife and I went to the mall to get me some new clothes for work. It was a nice day to get out. Sunday, did the usual "visit mom and dad" thing, and had my daughter's boyfriend over for dinner, then watched the season ender of The Soprano's. Former President Ronald Reagan passed on this weekend. Of the last 4 or 5 presidents, he was the best in my opinion. He's suffered for years from Alzheimers and he's finally at peace. Go figure. NYC Tap water, NOT Kosher! Yo, Bubba... Have you seen the new Redneck Auto Security System? (borrowed from Colin's Blog) Here's your chance ladies... to win lunch with Tom Cruise! (there's also a kiss from Sharon Stone.. ~swoooooooon~) The ONLY good thing about living in Iraq! Is this an oxymoron? Credit counseling company, AmeriDebt, files for bankruptcy Ok, you're heard about breast enlargement but have you heard of nipple enhancement? Let me leave you with a few quotes from the late former President, Ronald Reagan. ‘Whatever else history may say’ “Whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears.... “May all of you as Americans never forget your heroic origins, never fail to seek divine guidance and never lose your natural, God-given optimism.” —Speech to Republican National Convention, Aug. 17, 1992 ‘Go ahead, make my day’ "I have only one thing to say to the tax increasers: Go ahead, make my day." —March 13, 1985, in a speech threatening to veto legislation raising taxes. ‘You don't become president of the United States’ "When people tell me I became president on January 20, 1981, I feel I have to correct them. You don't become president of the United States. You are given temporary custody of an institution called the presidency, which belongs to our people." — Address to the Republican national convention. Aug. 15, 1988 Till the next wave..... |