My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Hump-day Already?? Well, at least I got a bit of sleep last night (almost spelled that speel.. I start talking/writing in spoonerism's when I'm tired). Oh, by the way.. there's a new post at my other blog, whinespot you might want to check out! Link is at left. Hey Karen, get well soon hon! *hugs* Carrie, great work on the blog.. do you find it theraputic at all to get things off your chest? (well, wouldn't want you to get TOO much off your chest *wink, wink*) Colin, do you still read here bud? I still read your blog every single day! Paul and Bubba... you guys should be flogged with a wet blogger noodle for not posting more! *L* If anyone hasn't seen them, check out shmoopsie's blog (link at left). She's an amazing photographer, and there's some outstanding new pictures there. Vadergrrrl, I'm continually amazed at your blog/writing. It takes a lot of courage to tackle some of the subjects you do. Please, visit here more often. Oh, and may I post a link to your blog at left here? After reading Carrie's blog this morning, she has a great little story about a young niece that's adorable (the niece and the story). Reminds me of a story from quite a few years ago. We agreed to babysit one little girl from two houses down, as the parents were working split shifts and were about an hour apart in getting home. Now normally, this little girl was an EXTREME hellion, but she behaved herself for the most part. Then one day, her dad comes to pick her up and she's in the middle of a game or something with my daughter. Dad says "Come on Bri... time to go" to which she says "NO". Dad begins to argue with her and she promptly shouts "I HATE YOU". Now, I pull the dad aside and say "I fixed this really quickly once when my child said this to me. this is what you do. Go home, take her to her room, open a suitcase and start packing ALL her clothing. When she asks why you're doing that, tell her that Hey, if you don't love dad, I'm sure you'll be happier leaving the house, then put her on the front step with her bag and say goodbye. When I had done that, my kid (can't remember if it was son or daughter) cried and cried and begged to come back in. I made it clear that those three words were NEVER to be spoken again. Well, he does this, puts her on the front doorstep, she says "Ok, bye daddy" and trots down the street with the suitcase. After cursing me out a bit, she's almost out of sight when he runs down the street after her to bring her back, himself in tears. It was so funny, I couldn't believe it. Now, for the news worth printing: Before blaming neighborhood teenagers for stealing your yellow ribbons... you might want to find out exactly WHO is stealing them! Here's why you should NEVER light fireworks in a car! I'm still amazed at how gorgeous that teacher is that got arrested for sleeping with a 15 year old student. (picture is of her and husband's engagement pic) RED ALERT! RED ALERT! Carrie and Karen, WORLD CHOCOLATE SHORTAGE ON THE WAY! STOCK UP NOW! Hey Kev, I hear this guy comes from Kuala Lumpur! Till the next wave my friends! |