My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, June 01, 2004
Is it Monday, or Tuesday? Well, it was a wonderfully long weekend. Every day was nice weather, and it didn't start raining till late yesterday afternoon. Saturday mid-day, I went over to my mother in law's house cause my brother in law needed help unloading a new TV for her. Well, she bought a HUGE, 47 inch TV, way too big for her living room, and the damn thing weighs over 300 pounds! To say my back is sore still today is an understatement. Saturday night, I went to an OLD friend's 50'th birthday party. I hadn't seen him in about 28 years, and after seeing him for a minute, it's like we never lost touch. He even bailed on his head table to sit with my wife and I just about all night. But I digress.... When I arrived, I saw his (Victor's) sisters (3 of the 4, as one was with him), and it was like magic. We laughed and talked and remembered crazy things. Finally, when he came in, it was like 10 seconds after his sister's hugs that they all pointed at me, asking if he remembered me. There was a blank expression on his face until I spoke, then his eyes lit up and he grabbed me in a huge bear hug. It was really something. I now have his email address and phone # and we won't lose touch again. Again, I was very amazed, and happy at the amount of time we spent together this night, when he had so many friends and family there. *S* Sunday, I went over a friend's house (my friend Dave's neighbor) to watch the Indy 500 on his big-screen TV, surround sound... the whole works. Had a great time but left a bit early to head home, as the wife was alone, and having problems cause she chipped a tooth Friday night, and her mom, like a jerk told her "oh, you might have to have a root canal done", which sent my wife into waves of tears. Then her mom tells her that her brother "MAY" be an invalid in a couple of years because he says he has some odd kind of arthritis. BUT... he's been a notorious liar for so many years, I'm not sure I believe him, and her mother is such a hypochondriac... one doesn't know WHO to believe. *frown* So, off and on since she spoke to her mom, she's been in tears just thinking about it. (My wife is DEATHLY afraid of doctors, and needles) So.... wife's going to the dentist today, and I'm sure he'll just fill the chip and that'll be it. The aggravation that her mom caused this weekend though.... good grief. Yesterday, didn't do much. Just sat, watched some TV.. and relaxed. No Kev, no nekkid pics of you and me! BUT... You said we'd see YOU! The girls are DYING to see!!! Oh, I forgot to put the riddle answer last Friday, and Aaron commented on it. Here's the answer: It's the first letter of the first ten numbers! One Two Three Four..etc Today's riddle: What do these 3 have in common? Superman Moses The Cabbage Patch Kids So, how was your weekend? I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not William Hung Butchers "Take Me out to the Ball Game". Some people surprised. And for all us "Atkins Dieters", the new, low carb potato! Have a great Tuesday! |