My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Hump-Day Already! I love short weeks... means Friday comes all that much quicker! *L* Sorry to hear Carrie's under the weather, please send her some warm thoughts. *S* Another bright, sunhiny day (at least to start) today... supposed to get up in the 80's. Did I mention that I went to see Spider-Man 2 with Aaron on Friday night? While this second movie is at least as good as the first, and I love who they got to play Doc Oc. Great movie, excellent action. Some of the special effects though are quite noticable. The biggest problem(s) I have with comic books made into movies are twofold though. 1. Too much love story, too little super-hero movie (guess they're trying to please the women). 2. They ALWAYS end up exposing their secret identity (Batman to any woman that flashes him some leg, Spidey to at least a dozen people in this movie). This NEVER happens in the comic books! Today, a new version of the "King Arthur" story comes out in the movies. This one is VERY different from most every story told though. I've seen just about all of them, but my favorite Arthur movie is Excalibur. What an incredibly well done movie, very dark, with awesome acting. If you haven't seen this particular one, rent it! My retiring boss called me this morning, to warn me that I'll have a new facility to be responsible for (IT-wise) about a 30 minute drive from my office. What fun. I was involved in the very first meeting about this facility, then told I wouldn't be responsible for it, so I backed out of all other meetings. Now, guess what. Go figure. One movie I just HAVE to see as soon as it comes out in a week or so, is The Bourne Supremecy Loved the first one! And did you see they're making a new, prequel, Exorcist movie? Exorcist: The Beginning I still get chills when I hear that darn piano music from The Exorcist *LOL* Well, on to the news not fit for print: Here's a story that hits home. I'll tell you tomorrow about my version of this! A 12 year old sexually assaults 5 women??? What's wrong with that picture! *LOL* Spam to be gone in 2 years (get your penis/breasts enlarged before it's too late!) And a new t-shirt for those materialistic women out there! *L* Have a great Hump-Day! |