My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, July 15, 2004
Is it Friday yet??? PLEASE! I spent most of the day at the main office yesterday, meeting after meeting, then a small cake/coffee party in the afternoon to celebrate a successful rollout of a major software package. They were handing out some small trinkets.. mousepads, canvas bags, small candy jars (only half full with candy).. etc. So, we spend 15 MILLION dollars on a software package, we get half full jars of candy. Got a bit of good news yesterday... boss said I can order me a new notebook PC for work! New toys are ALWAYS good! *laugh* We have a new Assistant Vice President in IT, and he's asking almost for a resume from everyone.. "just to get to know our team better". Why not have one on one talks with the people? While I don't care much, many people are complaining that a) They don't have enough time for this nonsense, and b) they're uncomfortable with this, as they feel it's part of a "who do we need/who don't we need" kinda thing. 45 Days till Vacation! Did anyone take that 80's quiz yesterday? One friend of mine emailed me that he got a 98%. Go figure. So, Carrie and I were having this email discussion about women dating men who are shorter.. with her saying she wouldn't date a shorter man, and me saying that's not right. This myth that "Oh I can't date him, he's shorter than me" is old and needs to be put to death. To me, love doesn't look at a tape measure, and if you're worried about "how you'll look together", that's a vanity thing. I'll probably get flamed for this... but it's how I feel. What do you think? (I'll betcha Becker has thoughts on this! *laugh*) Here's a new kind of quiz, thanks to Carrie! (Much better than yesterdays. Let me know how you do!) And now, the news not fit for print: The 10 dumbest moments in Science Fiction! Carrie, you hear about this? Canadien Government to make "NEW, Improved Marijuana!" Is the world ready for Carbonated Fruit? That's all for now.... till the next wave! |