My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Friday, July 16, 2004
Live from Connecticut, IT'S FRIDAY!!! (insert Saturday Night Live music here) Yeah yeah, I used to be young enough to stay up and watch Saturday Night Live ever week... back when they had some incredible talent. John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Garrett Morris, Gilda Radner, Jane (you ignorant slut) Curtain, Chevy Chase.. etc. My favorite episodes were when Steve Martin hosted, and they did the "Wild and Crazy Guys", the Festrunk Brothers, or Theodoric of York. Yeah yeah, I know I'm dating myself now. I also used to watch Second City TV, kind of a SNL from Canada. They brought us comedians like John Candy, Bob & Doug Mackenzie (Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis) and many more. Nothing much going on here today... hopefully I"ll have a much easier day in work than yesterday when I should have had roller skates on. No big plans for the weekend yet either, except for maybe going to see I Robot. There's a new Poll at left, asking "Do you think Martha Stewart should go to jail?" Check it out. Welcome to a new reader, Jackie! Now, for the news not fit for print: If you are going to commemorate the 9/11 tragedy with a Ground Zero memorial, make sure the date of the tragedy is correctly inscribed How about A simple act of kindness Have you heard the commercials for OnStar? Well, there's a new service, called BlondeStar! And some intersting news headlines: Missing marine that was kidnapped, beheaded, not beheaded, released, not released, popped up in Lebanon, was a hoax, moved to Germany, was coming home, is now not coming home after all Convicted drug dealer uses the "Cicadas made me do it" defense Three castaways spend three days on tropical island. Would have been rescued earlier except Gilligan tripped and smashed the coconut radio Man calls female owner of lost parrot and offers to return it in exchange for sex. No comment from the parrot Alabama town which calls itself the "Sock Capital of the World" may soon lose that title to China. Mighty sock lobby pressuring Bush to limit sock imports Michael Moore invited to become Canadian citizen to avoid charges In the wake of last week's "F--- for Forests" stunt, more couples spotted having sex in public in Norway. Not surprisingly, alcohol involved Norway listed as the best place to live again. Oddly enough, public sex not one of the listed reasons Soccer team to wear Spider-man uniforms. Goalie expected to do well with new webshooting ability And of course... my Hottie(s) of the Week! Have a great weekend all! |