My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, July 08, 2004
Payday! Yep, today's payday, and that means spending the afternoon at the main office. I've got a few things to do there this afternoon anyways, so it'll be productive. Tomorrow night is my boss's retirement party, and I, for one will miss him greatly. I'm actually making something to present to him tomorrow night, and it ought to be pretty funny. Yesterday, I posted a link to a guy that had all his fish from Alaska stolen on a flight home. Well, in 1993, wife and I went to Alaska, did some deep sea fishing with my friend Dave and his wife, and I had a bunch of salmon smoked to bring home. Well, we got to our airport, and the bags were nowhere to be found. The guy at the airlines said I'd get them in one to three days, to which I told him I would have them tonight OR ELSE! See, I had over $300 worth of smoked salmon in one of my suitcases (vacuum sealed in individual packages, but he didn't know that) and that I'd have them tonight or else. An hour after getting home, the airline van drives in my driveway with my bags. Kid delivering asks why so important, and I open the bag to show him. For his trouble... I gave him a couple packages (and a nice tip). Hey Vadergrrrl, SHHHH! If Kev sees what you wrote in the comments yesterday, he'll never leave me alone! *LOL* Glad things are looking up for you. *S* Hey, did anyone watch the Alf Talk Show last night?? I saw part of it (taped it too) and it was pretty good. Ed McMahon though could have been better! *L* Well, on to the news not really fit to print: Ok, follow me here. A company that writes competing software to Microsoft Office, makes a Japanese TV ad showing a woman giving birth to a horse in a store! How odd. The story behind the video is here What better proof do we need that Britney Spears is a COMPLETE IDIOT?? Well, she paid for her own 5 carat diamond ring, she's known her fiance for a scant 3 months, her assets are over 100 million dollars, and she won't ask him to sign a prenup because she says she's marrying for love, not money! SHE'S THE ONE WITH MONEY, NOT HIM!!! WHAT AN IDIOT! Hey Carrie, here's one for you. The University of New Brunswick could be facing a human rights complaint after it told a blind student from Quebec that his guide dog would have to learn English. (yes, only in Canada!) Oh this is too funny. Fourteen-year-old girl charged with murdering father escapes after removing electronic monitor and gluing it to a cat *ROTFL* Have a great day all! |