My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Friday, July 09, 2004
TGIF! Thank goodness it was a short week! Today's supposed to be a wonderful day out, bright sunshine and high 70's weather. I almost died laughing yesterday, when I was in the main office in Farmington. One of our web developers is from Russia, named Igor, and he's an incredibly nice guy. Well, he says "Dave, can you help me a minute?" and I say sure. He's looking up, on Mapquest.com, a restaurant called "Hors D'Oeuvres". After looking at him a second, I ask, "why are you putting "Hors D'Oeuvres" in there? He shows me the email that came out about our boss's party tonight, and it says "6:00 PM - Hors D'Oeuvres" and he thinks that's the restaurant name! After nearly busting a gut, I explain to him what they are, and tell him the party's actually at the nearby Marriott Hotel. I'll reiterate, Igor is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet too. *S* You know, one story I didn't put up yesterday was about a guy that set up a "nanny-cam" in his bedroom to catch his cheating wife. He then put copies of the video on EBay, and sold some copies but then EBay forced him to take down the ad. By the time I saw it, the ad was gone but it WAS hilarious! *L* Started using an "Optical mouse" on my 2 PC's at work... and while it's taking a bit of getting used to, they're great! Much more fine movement of the mouse. Yeah yeah yeah... techie stuff but it is worth noting. So far, since Mike's had his tongue pierced, he's been a changed person. It's odd... I hardly recognize him. He's very nice, pleasant to us all, respectful..... ok, where's my son and who is this stranger in my house! *S* (seriously, it's nice) Hey Bruce, did you know we now have our own Craigslist page for this area? Hey, check out my new poll at left! And now, the news not fit to print: There's mustn't be a lot to do in Talkeetna Alaska. They have a festival where they drop moose crap out of a hot air balloon, then making a contest out of it! Well this is the 32nd straight year of this festival! Ok, can there be any worse job than this??? Well, here's some even weirder jobs for the summer! And this just in from Pittsburgh: Naked man 'waiting for rocket ship' found in synagogue's ladies room. Film at Eleven! And, because it's Friday... My Friday Hottie(s)! (I'm such a sucker for tan lines.. ~swoon~) Have a great weekend! |