My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
Tuesday, the NEW, first day of the week! Wouldn't it be nice to have 3 day weekends every week? *L* One can only wish. Well, weather speaking, it started out being the most perfect weekend, till yesterday. Saturday and Sunday were absolutely perfect, with temps in the low 80's, light breeze and lots of sunshine. We didn't do too much on Saturday (other than what you saw posted on Saturday), and on Sunday morning, my son Mike, my friend Ray and I went up to Bethlehem CT for a car show. It's about a 40 minute drive through some of the most beautiful countryside you've ever seen, in a town that probably doubled it's population because of the car show *L*. Saw lots of great cars.. showed Mike some interesting things about real old cars, and a nice time just enjoying the day. Yesterday... it poured out. So, after coming in to work for a bit in the morning to check on a few things, we decided to maybe go see the newest Harry Potter movie, but everyone on earth must have had the same idea. The line went out the door, and the show we wanted to see was sold out. Ended up not doing much yesterday. Mike's tongue is still a bit swollen from the piercing, but he's managing. Luckily, I can barely hear his speech any differently than before (though he is sucking on a lot of ice lately). I think he realizes that this is no ordinary piercing. He's definitely not eating things he has to chew a lot, but that's to be expected. So far, nobody that doesn't know about it, can tell he has it. Thank goodness! While on the subject of Mike... his atitude seems to have changed quite a bit since getting the piercing. Lets hope it continues... he's much nicer than before. Well, this Friday my boss retires. I've only worked here 2 and a half years now, but this guy is one of the good guys. He deflects the crap from above, and keeps it off of us. He's a great asset to all of us, and he'll be missed by all. 54 more days till vacation! *WHOO HOO!* Today, we're back to bright sunshine and low humidity. Looks like a day I'll have to get in my car and drive from office to office *S*. Oh, and don't forget to watch ESPN tonight. The 2004 World Series of Poker is on, and a guy from Connecticut wins it all! Hey shmoops... no problem. *S* Karen, when're you getting back to work?? Colin, IS there life after retirement??? Still havent' seen ya around! Carrie, sorry you had to work yesterday hon! (she's a canuck ya know.. heh heh heh) Kev, where you been bud? Vadergrrrl, I hope things are looking up this week! *S* Bubba, I find it very sad that you are putting your blog on hold (I hope it's not dead for good). I miss your words of wisdom. Hopefully, this fall we'll get an eyeball on each other. (Considering going down to Tennessee to the Jack Daniels Invitational Barbeque Cookoff in October and Bubba said he'd make the trek back to his ole home to see me). It'd be great to see you, Bubba Jr (not Bubba's kid) and any else of the gang from the plant. Waving hi to Patti, Paul, Michelle, Curt and everyone else that visits! What'd anyone do exciting this past weekend??? Well, more news not fit for print: "My mother-in-law said the God would be pleased and make rainfall if women till the land naked," Too funny! Girls step aside, it's GUYS GONE WILD! I'm just waiting for my phone call! Ok, would you eat at this restaurant? (picture a giant statue of a pig smoking a cigarette out of his butt) And just for you Bubba (and Curt), Redneck Possum Recipes! Lastly, Pictures of the new Wimbledon Women's Champ, Maria Sharapova (Thank you Russia!) Till the next wave.... |