My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, July 01, 2004
 
We did the unthinkable.....

After literally YEARS of arguments, fights, incredible sadness and the lack of a LOT of sleep.... my wife and I did the previously unthinkable last night, and allowed our son (with severe restrictions) to get his tongue pierced. (Bruce, NOTHING about this to our mother)
Even those of you that've been reading my blog for some time, know only a small part of what we've gone through because my wife and I were adament that our son would not get his tongue pierced (he has his tragis (sp) pierced in both ears, lobes one size bigger than normal, the top part of his ear on one side, and his nipples pierced about 2 sizes bigger than normal). We drew the line at piercing his tongue. The fighting, the disrespect, the constant animosity finally wore us down. He has a long list of things he had to agree upon (and sign), and we have the option after 8 weeks to say "take it out" and he must do it, or move out. He had asked for 4 weeks, so we gave him extra.
Today, he goes to have it done. Believe me when I say, this is not a happy day for my wife and I, but probably one of his happiest.

Moving right along.... Happy Canada Day Carrie!

Oh, and another old friend of mine, Patti started a blog, and I'm posting a link to hers at left. She once was a professional writer for a small newspaper, and she's always a good read.

And now the news that's not quite fit to print:

Man collects 1 million pennies, and banks won't cash them for him!

Barbie has a new hunk! (the tramp) He's an out of work surfer from Australia (I think Ken's not a dummy after all for losing her)

Hey hunny, lets get our x-rated pictures developed at Walgreens!

Poor, homely Nicole Kidman can't find a man! Don't you feel bad????

Wow. This kid drove his motorcycle through Chernobyl's dead zone (with pictures) Interesting story.

And here's a blog that's hilarious! (read the post "The 17 Ways Women Fail In Bed:)"

Till the next wave....