My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, August 09, 2004
Is it Monday again already? First, the bad news. My dad has to have another operation on the 25th, and he'll probably be in the hospital for about 3 days. The tumor is about as big as a quarter, and must come out. He was pretty upset over it on Friday when he found out. It was a GORGEOUS weekend, weather-wise here. The sun was out but the temps were in the low 70's, light breeze.... just perfect. Friday night my daughter and her boyfriend used my SUV to go to Sears to get herself a new elliptical machine, made by Nordic Trac. Sooo.... Saturday morning bright and early she's after me to set it up for her, so we begin. I open the box and it LOOKS like there's 2 or 3 million parts to it! Luckily, when I got it out of the box, there was really only about 20 parts. It went together in about an hour and a half, and it was up and running! It's really cool. You can even hook a PC up to it, and download fitness regiments into it! It reads your heart-rate... everything. Who knows.. maybe I'll use it too! *LOL* Saturday night I went out to dinner and a movie with my friend Dave to see The Bourne Supremecy. I read Curt's review (see Curt's blog at left), and I'm not sure I agree with him on a few things. While yes, the movie does jerk around the camera way too much (wonder if it's a different director?) I found it borderline nauseating, and a detractor from the movie itself. The car chase scene, which had potential to be one of the best, kinda stunk because of this scheme of moving the camera so much. It seemed the movie was over too quickly too. Odd how the first movie seemed just right in plot, character development and suspense. This one.... kinda fell flat in certain areas. All in all, I give it a 3 out of 5. Went to visit mom and dad on Sunday (as I do every week), and dad seemed a lot better, emotionally. They always seem to have their spirits lifted when my kids show up (not sure if it's cause of me too *L*). Last night, we watched The Last Samurai, and while I really didn't want to see it, it was pretty good! Kinda strange ending I guess.. but it was interesting and kept you interested. And now, the news not fit for print: Trying not to laugh TOO hard.... Gift shop hangs bear trap next to urinal. What could possibly go wrong? Ever have Lite Brite as a kid? Germany stages the worlds largest water-balloon fight. France Surrenders. Hmm, seems they found Ghosts on a new $75,000 security system in a Maryland Court House! Ex-bunny says Hugh Hefner keeps a group of "slave bunnies" who are required to have sex with him. And your point is? Well, have a great Monday! |