My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, August 16, 2004
Monday Mornings... who needs 'em! Well, it was quite a busy weekend, but a good one. Saturday, we went out in search of a birthday present for my God-Daughter who turns 10 this Wednesday, August 18 (yes, same birthdate as me.. Carrie mentioned it in Friday's comments). She's very much into art projects, so we got her a bunch of great art things to enjoy. Saturday afternoon we went to our local liquor store for a wine tasting (and one beer tasting), and had a nice chat with the new owner. The evening was my God-Daughter's birthday party and the food, as always was outstanding, the people very pleasant and an all around nice evening. Yesterday began with my son Mike and I joining my brother and going to a local computer show to buy a new PC for my brother. We met Aaron for breakfast and all went together. Got him a nice new PC for a VERY inexpensive price, got myself a couple of things, and headed from there to my mom and dad's house. Now, Dad's birthday is 2 days after mine, and he's an EXTREME war-movie buff, so my brother and I bought "Band of Brothers" for him for his birthday and gave it to him. I honestly think when he sees this movie, he'll fall in love with it, and maybe even shed a few tears over it. If you've never heard of it, it was a 10 part mini-series made by HBO about World War II, and a specific company, "Easy Company", the first Airborne company. I own a copy, and it's by far the best movie ever about war. It's 10 hours long, and in between episodes are interviews with the actual living members from Easy Company. I can't recommend it enough. After going home from there, I started working on my brother's PC, as the hard disk was empty. I installed for him all the software he'll need, did all the patches for the operating system and MS Office, set up his Anti-Virus, a firewall.. etc. He's going to be really happy at the speed of this PC! This week.... well, lets hope that this week's not a repeat of last week! Depending on the weather, I may take Wednesday off for my birthday. Not sure yet. And now, the news not fit to print: For Debra, Tech companies want more female geeks. Dateless trekkies rejoice Sounds like a good time to boycott Greyhound Bus Lines as a Uniformed marine is not allowed to board Greyhound bus! (warning to Vadergrrrl, this may raise your blood pressure) Can the Catholic Church be any more STUPID? Dickey V rates UCONN ahead of Duke for the upcoming basketball season. Duke still sucks! Yo, Bubba... Jenny now has her 867-5309 in Chicago! Demi Moore wants a saggy part of her body fixed! Go figure. Ok, while sad, is THIS a frivolous lawsuit??? Ok, what's with this? Christian youths meeting at Hooters. "It's something Jesus would've done" I can't believe this. A former child-care worker is facing a child neglect charge after she helped her 5-year-old son smoke crack cocaine in her home! The top 100 Sci-Fi books you must read! And that's, the rest of the story! Have a great day! |