My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, August 23, 2004
4 more days till Vacation! Yep, I begin my vacation on Friday afternoon thank goodness. I'll be taking Wednesday off of work also to take my dad to the hospital for his next cancer surgery. This should be a lot smaller surgery than the last one, and hopefully he'll be out in 2-3 days. Saturday morning I went to spend a couple of hours with my dad watching "Band of Brothers" that we gave him for his birthday. Then, in the afternoon, we had some of the most violent thunderstorms I've ever seen. The water was coming down in sheets, and the wind was bending the trees over so far I was thinking they'd break. I'm glad I had that one bad tree taken down before now! When the storms ceased, we went out to dinner with our friends Ray and Debbie and had a great time.. though I think all four of us ate too much! *L* Yesterday there wasn't too much going on. Watched some Olympics, did some wash.. etc. Today, I'm doing some work on a lesson plan for some Microsoft Outlook classes I'm doing for some people where I work. They requested some training to be a bit better with the tools, and I'm only happy to give them some training! Oh, Friday when I left work... my office was getting quite warm. Seems the A/C stopped working. This morning, I get in, and it's 85 degrees in here *sigh*. I guess I shouldn't complain, some people pay good money for a sauna! Welcome back to Carrie, who was on vacation for the last 2 weeks! And now, for the news not fit to print: Can you believe a skydiver fell 11,500 feet and LIVED! So we've heard of food-eating contests with hot dogs, sausage, all kinds of things. But LOBSTERS?? This 105 pound lady ate 38 lobsters in 12 minutes! Happy 50th Birthday... GODZILLA!!!! (he doesn't look a day over 30!) You HAVE to check out this origami convention picture! This piece is simply breathtaking. (My daughter will love this one!) Cool pictures of a tornado atop a mountain! And that's the rest of the story...! Have a great day all...! |