My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, August 19, 2004
Thank you, one and all.... Thank you all so much for the kind birthday wishes here yesterday. It WAS a wonderful day! *S* The day was great in work.. no major snafu's to mess it up. Had lunch with a friend, took it easy in the afternoon, then home. Got home and kids had a card and a couple of gifts for me.. wife had a nice card and is going to get me something nice we discussed. Later on, had Ray and Debbie over for some Death by Chocolate Cake that my wife started and I finished. Before the night was over, we had made plans to go out to dinner Saturday night at Braza, a Brazilian restaurant that just opened in Hartford and I made reservations. I can't wait as I love the place (been there twice for lunch). Other than that, is anyone watching the Olympics? I guess some people are complaining about too much "sex" in the Olympics. There's complaints about the bikini's that the beach vollyball players are wearing. Here's my opinion, for what it's worth: IT'S BEACH-WEAR STUPID! If they were wearing bikini's in the indoor normal vollyball, it'd be another thing. Get over it! On the other hand, what was with men dressed like Greek statues at the opening ceremonies? It's about as silly as the pregnant woman with the "glow-worm" belly in the same opening ceremonies. Now if you wonder if people are taking steroids in these games, all you have to do is look at the women gymnists or swimmers, and ask yourself why a 20+ year old woman has absolutely no chest at all! None! What's with that??? It's just that they all look like little boys! There's 30+ year old women the same way. Natural? Hmmmmm. On the "Good News/Bad News" front, I hear Steven Spielberg is going to direct the new War of the Worlds movie! Under the bad news, Tom Cruise is going to star in it. His most recent outings have been less than stellar. And now, the news not fit to print: Bear guzzles 36 beers, passes out at campground! Here ya go Carrie and Karen... A restaurant for you and your CAT! Can Paris Hilton do ANYTHING else to amaze us? Paris Hilton decides changeroom lineups are too long, tries on multiple shirts (sans bra) amongst stunned, aroused onlookers in department store. "What? Like you haven't seen them already." And if you don't think I can top that story, Britney Spears apparently told an interviewer (Simon Amstell of 'Popworld') that the last thing she'd put in her mouth had been a dildo. Then she burst into tears. Why didn't she come right out and say she swallowed the damn thing? This woman clearly needs help... Well, because I can't top that... I'll stop here. Have a great Thursday all! |