My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, September 13, 2004
Fall is coming....! Yep, I can already see some leaves changing as the nights are getting cooler. For those of you that don't live North enough to see this.... it's a beautiful thing (except when you have to rake them all). I heard from my boss that got laid off this morning, and he's still extremely bitter. Then again, I remember how I was when I got laid off from a job about 3 and a half years ago. I really do feel for him. Seven kids, brand new house... and bang, gets laid off. This place has way too much management "fluff" though, but he was a worker, not a "sit behind the desk and bark orders" kinda guy. Ok, more "cruise news". So, on Thursday, we were in Cozumel Mexico, and after trying a bunch of different Tequila's.. we were walking up a side street when a man comes out of his store asking "Sir, you want to try my Tequila!!!". Who am I to refuse an offer like that! So, the guy pours some Tequila for my wife and adds a bit of fruit juice.. not bad.. then pours some with a drop or three of condensed milk, again, not too bad. I tell him I drink my Tequila straight, so he goes about cutting a lime for me. Then, the guy begins to TRY to explain to me how to drink Tequila. I stop him and say.. "No no no, I KNOW how to drink Tequila". So, I put the lime between thumb and forefinger, and look for the salt. He points at a bowl of orange'ish looking powder and says to use that. Me, being an adventurous soul.. just take a tiny spoon from the bowl, and pour some of the stuff on my hand. Lick - Drink - Suck. Not bad.... then I ask... "What is the orange powder?" "Ground up scorpions" is his reply.... wife almost dies laughing, but I get her back when I show her the bottle. Dead Scorpion in the bottom! *ROTFL* She almost yaks and I explain to her it's Mezcal, as no respectful Tequila has anything dead in it. Oh, hey michelle, here's a picture of "The Chamber", the midievil looking night club! Lots of great pieces of midievil pieves, wrought iron.. etc. And now, the news not fit to print! New European lingerie commercial depicts President Bush getting whipped by a dominatrix Latest high res picture of hurricane Ivan Is the world ready for a six-wheeled supercar? Mexicans think light beer is for sissies. Tell me something I didn't know! Woman accidentally mixes cat in with the whites And that's it for now... have a great day! |