My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Finally.... Well, came in this morning to a server having hung overnight. Couldn't log into it, shut it down... so I had to "big white switch" it. Now, keep in mind, this is the "Grand Poohbah Server" here. The "Domain Controller". Trying to re-boot it, an error came up about a hard disk controller that controls an external drive box that wasn't working. Now, picture that this is the server that sits at the BOTTOM of all the other servers, physically, so getting inside of it, is a trick in itself. I'll spare you all the boring "geek" details, but the server's back up and running, minus the external drive setup, and I restored the data to another server and people are once again happy. Not a good way to start my day. Come to think of it, it's been a pretty cruddy week! Monday, I had 2 PC's here come up with all those annoying pop-ups that everyone hates so much, but these are VERY aggressive ones, that I just could NOT get rid of. So, I called in the "Guru of Viruses/Trojans/Popups", Aaron. He's having a hard time getting rid of them. Then, my truck.... well, that cost about $250 to fix. Need I say more? So... here's the news not fit to print: Certainly Paris Hilton isn't stupid enough to make other sex videos with other guys... and leave them in her rented house... where they can be stolen...! (she must be in a contest with Britney Spears over who's the biggest IDIOT!) Yo, Bubba. You guys down in Tennessee do some weird stuff! Jimmy's Show and Tell presentation included his mom's pot! How to tell if your wife's secretly a porn star! Go figure. You can't name your kid Superman in Sweden! BIG NEWS!!! Mel Brooks is making Spaceballs II! Have a great day.... ! |