My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, September 23, 2004
 
The morning after....

I can't begin to explain what a perfect day yesterday was. I got the truck washed, waxed it a bit, then my friend Dan came over and we headed to Torrington to grab some lunch and pick up a couple of beers for the day. Stopped at one of my favorite places to eat lunch when I used to work up there, a small grinder (hoagie, sub..) shop named Shieks and had "The Kitchen Sink" grinder. It has roast beef, ham, swiss cheese, fried onions and peppers on the softest of rolls... Mmmmm.
The ride to the golf course in Amenia, NY, goes through the most beautiful sections of Connecticut. With the windows open, and tunes blasting, and mid 70's temps... it was a spectacular ride.
We teamed up with a couple of friends of mine from where I used to work, and played 9 holes, had a short break, then throwing my small cooler on our cart, took the beers we bought out on the back 9 with us. At the 16th hole, as the sun had just set over the nearby mountain, we look south and there's a earth damn, and at the top of it, a dozen deer grazing on grasses. Damn I wish I had taken my camera.
On the next hole, as we're tee'ing off, about 2 dozen wild turkeys run across the fairway! Pretty amazing.
We finished up and had some wings in the clubhouse while lying about our scores and telling tales of missed 30 foot putts.

After all that, work's gonna SUCK today. *LOL*

And now, the news not fit to print:

Ok, what's wrong with this. Boy, 11, charged in sexual assault of woman, 76

Leave it to Oprah to screw up giving away a bunch of cars!

Mexican Churches have found ways to jam cellphones cause they're ringing during mass!

When selling a pen on E-Bay, make sure you mention just how fat your ex-wife is! *ROTFL*

Hey Kev, does this stuff happen often in Kuala Lumpur??? "Malaysian man shoots and kills monkey stealing fruit from his trees. Boy, is he surprised when he discovers the monkey is his 68-year-old wife"

First looks at The Fantastic Four Movie being made, with Jessica Alba as Sue Storm, and Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm (The Thing).

And that's,.... the rest of the story!

Have a great Thursday!