My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, September 27, 2004
Sometimes, Mondays aren't all THAT bad... It was an absolutely wonderful weekend. Perfect weather, BIG lobsters *L*... Saturday, I got up early, got the oil changed in my 4Runner, gas, then went home and started painting the new pieces of the wooden fence we have at the corner of our property (3 verticals making a corner, 4 horizontals (2 per side) to just make a corner at the edge of our property). I did the other side last year all new, this year the other. Because it's real wood, I have to seal them with primer/sealer before painting. I got the 3 uprights done Saturday. Later on, went over to Aaron's house to head to Abbott's Lobster in the Rough for some shrimp coctail, cherrystones on the halfshell, and a couple of 4 pound lobsters! *mmmmmmmmm...* The weather was gorgeous, the food excellent, out with a good friend... what else can one ask for! After the lobster, we headed over to the Mohegan Sun Casino where I proceeded to lost about $20 to the Indian Gods.... which is no big deal as up to now, I think I've taken from there a lot more than lost. Sunday, did the usual visit with mom and dad with the kids, then when I got home, my daughter (Sarah) and I painted the rest of the wood for the fence. Sarah loves painting, and it was so nice out, we were in the garage with the doors open, tunes playing... it was great spending time there with her. We got 95% of the stuff done for the fence, we'll finish it today and the next nice day we get, I'll put all the pieces in place. In the afternoon, the wife and I went to a nursery nearby that's going out of business to look for some bargains... but everything looked pretty horrible so we ended up just browsing. Oh, and best of all, my new boss is out the next 3 days! And what'd you do this weekend? Here's the news not fit to print: Yo, Curt.. at your wedding, did you have a Krispy Kreme Wedding Cake! For all the computer geeks out there, The First 6+GHz PC Recorded! And in news of the totally absurd: Not tonight dear, I had a cheeseburger. Woman sues McDonalds for lack of libido after eating a bad burger Pastor of Buffalo NY Church says opening a Subway at church "Will help meet community needs! Naked yoga OK in San Francisco Well, that's it for today... have a great week people! |