My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
 
Cold as a witches ***!

Damn it's cold here today! Down to about 3 degrees, and just raw out.

So, where do I start with all the news?
I found out Friday, my mom's got pnemonia. *groan* Luckily she's taking care of herself and is doing real well. Dad's doing pretty good.. nothing new on that front.
How do you people deal with showing mom how to use a VCR/TV that's VERY complicated??? I'm lucky... my kids are doing most of the "TV-Tech Support" now.. *chuckling*

Friday, I happened to notice on one of the vacation websites I use to check prices, that the cruise I wanted to go on, came DOWN in price! I called my travel agent, and sure enough, there's a BIG cruise sale going on. She got me a price on an outside cabin, air and transfers, for over $600 less than earlier in the week for an inside cabin! It's BOOKED! YAY!

Friday night, Aaron and I went to dinner and a movie... though we changed movies as the one we wanted to see was only playing late. We saw Flight of the Phoenix instead, something we both wanted to see at a second run theater near where I live. Now, Aaron's never been there, and the prices are very low, which means they have to cut corners somewhere. Things like heat.... aren't included in the ticket price.. *laughing*
Oh, it warmed up after the movie started... but it was funny to watch Aaron's face, thinking it'd be about 30 degrees throughout the movie!

Saturday, Ray came over to watch some UCONN basketball, then we went out to dinner, where I had probably the best piece of prime rib I've ever had in my life.

Sunday, did the usual visit mom thing, then not much else till later in the day when my friend Dave called and asked if I wanted to hit a movie, seeing as we both didn't have to work yesterday. The wife was ok with that, so we went to see House of Flying Daggers. It was a lot like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, with the same young girl, and it too was all subtitled, but it wasn't too bad. We did kinda sit there like MST3K, making funny comments at the movie at times... but it was fun.

Yesterday, I didn't do too much, and Ray came over again to watch a UCONN basketball doubleheader (womens game and mens). It was nice... I had a roaring fire going in the woodstove... some glasses of wine and 2 games! Life is good!

Thanks for the nice thought shmoops... ~S~

Days till Vacation:
32 till Costa Rica
86 till the cruise!

And now, the news not fit to print:

World's tallest, fastest roller-coaster completed in NJ. Goes from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and reaching a maximum height of 456 feet (with pics and video). Crapping your pants optional

Woman with breast implants agrees to acupuncture treatment, what could possibly go wrong?

Color pics of Saturn's moon released.

Chance of rain in Las Vegas today: 0%. Chance of getting fired from your TV weather gig for calling Martin Luther King Jr a "coon": 100%

And that's all for today... have a great one!