My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, January 03, 2005
 
The Holidays are..... Over

That's always been sad to me. As I get older, the holidays go faster and faster. When I was a kid, the holidays lasted half a year it seemed.

New Years Eve, we spent at Ray and Debbies house, and it was absolutely fantastic. There were about 12 people total there, we brought 2 bottles of wine (everyone brought some), and I opened my old faithful, Clay Station, Malbec which I really like. It's really fruity without being too sweet. A doctor had given me the other bottle, a Chateau des Graves, 2000 Bordeaux. I opened that just before dinner, and it was like I opened a $500 bottle of wine. People gasped when they tasted it. It was just that breathtakingly good. Even the "wine snob" of the group fell in love with it.
We had all kinds of munchies, from shrimp coctail, to these baked, paper thin potato slices (done on a mandolin), making like a semi-hard potato chip, with a caramelized onion dip made from scratch.
For dinner, we had Marinated Tenderloin of Pork, and Chicken Gorgonzola. Both were fantastic.
Dessert, was my Death-by-Chocolate, eclairs, and cupcakes.
The food was outstanding, the company was perfect.. all in all, it was a great evening.

Saturday, we just hung around at the house, taking things slowly. We had a nice dinner at home, and I opened a bottle of my "special" wine, the '99 Chateau Prieure Lichine that I bought a case of a few years back.

Yesterday, we spent the morning at my moms as it's her birthday today, then went to my friend Gary's house to work on his kids PC's, and set up wireless networking in his house.

Today, I REALLY don't feel like being in work *frown*.... but I'm here.

And now, the news not fit to print:

Oh wow, what's she going to do now?
Judge rules Anna Nicole Smith is a golddigger: Takes away $88.5 million awarded on appeal

"Pimp My Ride" fined for replacing airbag with TV

Things we'd like to forget about 2004

Religious group sends kids sledding in cardboard boxes down prohibited hill at 4 am. What could possibly go wrong?

Ok Bubba... whazzup wid dis?
Get into a car wreck while wearing your seatbelt and win a t-shirt. Only in Tennessee

And because there was no Friday blog, here's a gorgeous BOTD! (and she's single too!)
Seems her boyfriend dumped her after she became the Page 3 Girl of the Year!

Happy New Years All...!