My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, January 05, 2005
Hump Day... *grumble grumble* thanks for catching the misspelling Kev.. Well, as I've said before, this year in April will be my wife and I's 25th wedding anniversary. She had always mentioned wanting to go to Hawaii for our 25th (funny, she never asked me where I wanted to go), and I decided I'd just do what she wants. Back in October, we were at the travel agent, and we talked about Hawaii, and my "frugal as a mmiser" wife said "Oh, that's way too much". First, we had a disagreement about how long to stay. She wanted to stay only 7 days, I wanted at least 10. Then, (at the travel agents), we argued about where to go, what to do.. and then I mentioned maybe we should do an escorted tour, to maximize our trip, and she goes ballistic that I'd want to ruin the trip, AND that it'd cost so much more. Our travel agent laughs about this as she's seen it all before, and we leave. We argue on the way home about Hawaii or not. In the last few days, I've brought up Hawaii again, and in an effort to keep the peace, we had agreed on 10 days, so I called the travel agent and got prices for 2 islands, Maui and Oahu, as that's where both of us had wanted to go, for various reasons. When I explain to her where we would go, how much.. etc, she starts in on the "why are we doing this, and why are we doing that, and why these islands", and "I'm still mad at the argument 3 months ago". At that point, I basically said forget it. If she ever gets to Hawaii, it'll be with her friends, or next husband as I'd never take here there now. I went out of my way to try to take her to Hawaii, where SHE wants to go, finding romantic hotels right on the beach (I could care less), and making sure she was happy, and that's what I get. I just don't get it... She can go on her own now. Well, enough about that.. sorry for the rant. On the good side, I got an email from Ricardo Vargas yesterday, he runs the tour company in Costa Rica I've been talking back and forth with about side trips when we get there. One of the people going asked me if I was interested in a deep sea fishing trip and I said "Hell yeah!", so I got some information from Ricardo. Seems the Gulf of Papagayo is world famous for it's Sailfish, Blue, Black and Striped Marlin, Giant Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Dorado and Roosterfish(?). SIGN ME UP! Here's the news not fit to print today: NOW (National Organization for Women) is mad because radio morning show is giving their butch girlfriends new boobs This is way too funny: Britney to become a CSI Doctors astounded as man registers .914 blood-alcohol content and lives Here's one for you Bubba: Tennessee town loses all three salt trucks in one accident. Icy conditions blamed And that's it for today.. |