My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, February 17, 2005
 
2


It's getting close now... and the drama unfolds.

Yesterday, I'm talking to the head nurse where I work, and she asks where I'm going on vacation. I say "Costa Rica", at which time she looks me in the eye and asks, "you HAVE had your shots... right?". *GULP*.. um, no I say.
See, she's in charge of the "Travel Clinic" here that gives people shots for going all over the world. She shows me that the CDC recommends malaria pills, and a Heppatitis A shot (2 shots actually).
Now, I start freaking out. I talk to a doctor who's the head of the infectious diseases department, and she gives me a prescription for the wife and I, for Chloroquine, for malaria, but the shot isn't covered, and it's about $80!

Ok, I'll take a pass on the shot(s).. and the nurse gives me some precautions and I feel comfy with that.

What about all the other 40 people going?? *chuckling* You'd have thunk the travel agent would have mentioned SOMETHING!

Moving right along.... having fun with my new cell phone.. and all the gadgets and gizmos that it does. My daughters phone still doesn't work and she's PISSED!

And now, on to the news:

Ok... I have a bit to say about this:
Amazon premieres "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" trailer. Grab your towel!
Looking at the trailer, how many things can you pick out that are REAL different from the book/BBC Miniseries? How about that Ford Prefect is black, Marvin the Paranoid Android looks WAY different, Trillian is now Trisha, Zaphod Beeblebrox (the President of the Universe) had one head, but 3 arms... shall I go on? *LOL* Do you think I've read this book???? (thanks for the heads up Bruce)

The "Show Me" state ranks most sexually adventurous. In other news, there's nothing else to do in Missouri

Twelve nuns aged 22-31 went on a sex and booze bender. Amazingly this happened in real life, not on Cinemax. At least this week

Yo, Curt and Bubba... you sutherners do weird things!
Pregnant woman holding Ebay auction for ad space on her tummy decides to ignore high bidder, instead goes with Golden Palace Casino. Lawsuitarity ensues

I hope this works. The FUNNIEST phone ring-tone I've ever heard.

and some headlines I just love...

Looney Tunes get "re-imagined" into Loonatics, pilot spaceship in year 2772 and possess special crime-fighting powers. Buzz Bunny knew he shoulda taken that left turn at the Albequerque system

New Hampshire has the highest rate of pot smoking in the U.S. A good clue is that the New Hampshire state bird is a pizza

Dog fetches bag of pot, returns to owner in presence of police officer. Bad dog

Police request that if you lost $80,000 cash in a duffel bag, please come to the police station so they can return your empty bag to you

Kevin Federline self-medicates his way through his honeymoon

Clothing designer advocates abstinence on panties. "If you can read this, this is as far as you get"


Have a great day all...!