My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
The Media Today's rant is brought to you by "The Media". I've intentionally not posted about Terri Schiavo, because from reading on different sites, watching different news stories, NOBODY has the same story. The media, even in such tragedy, delves into "sensationalism" news. This one wants you to believe that the husband locked the parents out, this one wants you to believe that he made millions of dollars off his wife's insurance, another says he's broke from all the health care he's had to pay for in 10+ years. I'd rather believe the latter.. as we ALL know health care isn't cheap. In Canada, Carrie tells me that the news up there declared the Pope dead a full 24 hours before he died! Retracted, re-posted, and re-retracted. Who do you believe? THIS... is why I don't post this type of news, but instead humorous news instead. Who CARES if you believe this stuff or not! *laughing* It's not hard news. It's meant for entertainment only, I make no claim of it's authenticity. SO, my point is, take what you see on national news with a grain of salt. Even they, tend to write "journalistic sensationalism" when it fits them, or they want more viewers. Get many points of view, from many news outlets before believing. As they said on the X-Files: The Truth is Out There! And now, MY version of the news: Hey Aaron, we need to make one of these! The Arch de Computer! Oral sex safe, not really sex, say U.S. teens, Clinton PLEASE! A law I can get behind! Colorado begins fining people who don't get out of the left lane The top 100 things I'd do if I ever became an evil overlord (this really is hilarious!) YOU could be a Jehovah's Witness. Or could you? Take this quiz and find out And that's, MY news! Have a great Tuesday all! |