My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Sunday, April 10, 2005
The Party, The Kamakazi Robin, and contentment... Well, last night, what was supposed to be a party for Ray and Debbie's daughter, turned out, much as I expected, to be my wife and I's 25th wedding anniversary party! My daughter went way over the top, making everything so incredibly perfect. Now, before you go and say "What about your son", he fully admitted he had little time to help Sarah (my daughter), and even less money to give her (he's a college student, working part time). So, 95% of this was my daughters, and some family and friends doing. Upon walking in, there was a huge board with pictures of our wedding for all to see. Sarah had, it seemed, gone into my computer when I wasn't around, and scanned in a few pictures, saved them, and had them professionally printed out for this. My dad was there, in a new suit, just for us... he looked so great. To that end, the party was held at a gorgeous banquet hall, with about 25 of our closest friends and family attending. The place was decorated.... perfectly. The food, so wonderful, and plentiful, everyone took many dishes home. I could go on and on about the place, but then I'd neglect giving the correct amount of time here to what really counts, the people. Family attending were my parents, brother and sister in law, mother in law and Gwen's brother and his wife. Also at the party were: Gwen's aunt and uncle, Russ and Betty Ann. Wonderful people. Gwen is Godmother to their daughter (who is pregnant right now and couldn't attend) Ray and Debbie, and Caroline (co-conspirators in this charade.. but people that are very special to Gwen and I) Gary and Debbie. Gary was the first person to give me a job in IT. He took a chance on me, and I can honestly say I don't believe I ever let him down. He means a lot to me.. in who and where I am right now. Gil and April. Gwen went to school with April, and Gil has been my (and Gwen's) friend since I was in my teens. We hung around together, and did MANY crazy things together. This party, wouldn't have been complete without Gil and April. Dave and Tina. What can I say. Since I met Dave in 1999, we've been closerthanthis. I am the Godfather to their daughter, and Dave's more like family than anything else. Then, there's Aaron. What can I say about a guy I've known only 3 and a half years, and I feel like I've known him all my life? He's one of the most genuine people I know, loves us like family and I hope he knows we feel the same. Harry. He lives in Atlanta, and couldn't attend but he sent us a GORGEOUS, basket with Champagne, lead crystal glasses, a picture frame, napkins and napkin holder rings.. and many other things. Near the end of this wonderful party, Sarah asks us to open her gift, because everyone would want to see this. Upon opening a large box, we find a true "Wedding Album", created by Sarah. (we had only ever had the book of proofs, never a real album) I can't even begin to tell you the hard work, and time that went into this book, nor the love in which she created it. It's breathtaking, and both my wife and I were in tears looking at it. And on the last page, the words.. "Pictures from the 25th party will begin here...". She must have spent countless hours on my computer, scanning pictures, and making this book.... what a precious keepsake. I never wanted the party to end.... On to the Kamakazi Robin This started last year. We have about a 5 foot tall small pine tree that looks perfectly shaped like a christmas tree right in front of our picture window. Last year, in the mornings, we would hear this "Thump", and about 30 seconds later, "THUMP".. on and on. When we got up to look, the picture window was dirty. How odd. It took a while, but we finally found that a robin was perching atop the pine, and throwing himself at the window over and over! The "dirt", was.. what I can only assume to be bird-spit! *L* This went on all summer long till the birds left for the fall. Yesterday, guess what. HE's BAAACK! It's hilarious to watch.. but you'd think he'd learn! Oh well.... enjoy your weekend.. I certainly have mine.... ~S~ |