My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, September 08, 2005
 
Post 580
Bad news yet again....


Mom called yesterday, they had done a biopsy on my dad at the last checkup, and it's malignant... he has cancer back again *sigh*.
The doctors are setting up some tests, I guess to see how much is there and to decide what to do about it.

Had my computer club's Pizza and Beer party last night... and had a pretty good time, had too much pizza that's for sure!

Taking Trucker Bob up on his nudge in the comments yesterday (the only nudge), I'm going to start a wine blog (actually, I've already started it). I'll let you know where it is when I get a post up there.. maybe tomorrow. Are there any other wine drinkers out there?

Hello out there to PorterSR, who's back in the Middle East after a wonderful visit home.

I can't believe, police nearby here arrested a 13 year old with a loaded gun at school yesterday. The boy had had a fight the day before at school, and threatened to bring a gun in to school the next day. The gun was loaded and there were 15 bullets in the magazine. (how about some blame to the parents for making it even available to a kid!) Good grief.

Well, on to the news:

Turkmenistan's president has ordered 300 penguins to go with the ice palace he ordered built last year, on which construction has been delayed largely in part to Turkmenistan being in the middle of the desert

Evacuees from Katrina turn down free Cape Cod vacation after rumors spread that Ted Kennedy would be driving the shuttle bus

Cletus Federline wants to name his baby Vegas, because it’s his favorite place to hang out (she says Vegas reminds her of his partying days, I think it's her first marraige there!)

Darwin took this woman:
Drunk woman dies while peeing on a grave (you have to read this!)

Ok, this is just WAY too weird
Organizers of testicle-cooking championships left hanging by ballsy hoaxer. The eventual winner, Gornji Milanovac, won after "beating off stiff competition from 11 other teams" (and Aaron said he'd eat anything but beets)

Adding acetone to gas = up to 35% better mileage (interesting read)

Here's a new game for you Carrie.. Word Crunch!

And my headline of the day:

Mexican Navy sends rescue ships and supplies to New Orleans. You know things are bad when you need help from the Mexican Navy

Have a great day all....