My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, September 12, 2005
 
Post 582
Weekend Whiplash!


Good grief... this weekend went by so quickly, I feel like I have whiplash!

Friday night, my bud Ray and I took the Vette to a car show at Hooters about 15 miles away, and had dinner watching all the beautiful things going by (you figure it out).
There were at least 25 Vettes there, including one incredibly gorgeous 1961 that a guy just finished restoring. All in all, it was a great night.

Saturday morning, my daughter was up early (heard her on the phone before 7am) as it was her best friend's wedding, and she was the maid of honor. She ran around getting her hair done.. etc, and my wife and I took our time as the wedding was at 2pm.
I took my daughter to her friend's house at about 12:30, had to drop off her car at the reception place, and at 1:15, just coming out of the shower, she calls and reminds us the wedding is at 1:30pm! Talk about putting things in overdrive!
Well, we made it JUST at 1:30, and got there just in time.
The reception was fantastic, and everyone had a great time. Hopefully I'll have a nice pic of my daughter here soon.

My dad's not doing too well... he has a doctors appt this morning, hopefully it'll be some good news.

Yesterday, I had to come to work as I had some server problems. As it goes so far, seems like it'll be a REAL busy day today, so I have to rush and post the news and head out:

"People need to understand politically and socially that porn was not born yesterday, that it's fundamentally harmless, and that people have been looking at it forever"

You had to see this coming:
Your tax dollars at work: Katrina victims using their FEMA-provided debit cards to buy $800 Louis Vuitton purses and other luxury items

Hey Colin, this one's for you:
Massachusetts pays almost $100 a piece for park ranger uniform patches with pot leaves embroidered them

Kentucky governor's office urges hurricane evacuees to call Red Cross, gives out phone number. Because you're reading this, you know it was the wrong phone number. And that it belonged to a phone-sex operation

Got to run, have a great Monday!