My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, September 19, 2005
 
Post 587
Another workweek.. and National Talk Like a Pirate Day!


Yes, today is National Talk Like a Pirate Day!
So, avast ya landlubbers, there be land ahead!

There's a new post in my wine blog today!

The weekend was a tiring one for sure.
My mother is really having a hard time dealing with the fact that there's nothing more they can do for my dad. My brother and I had to go see her Saturday to calm her down. We all have an appointment to see the doctor on Wednesday morning. My mom's assuming he's going to tell her he has a short time to live.. but I'm more optimistic. We'll see.....

Other than that, the weekend was ok I guess. Yesterday, there was a big "Bow Tie" show (all Chevrolet) about a half mile from my house, so the wife and I went to look around. There were hundreds of cars, lots of Vettes and we saw my wife's second cousin that has a gorgeous '56 Chevy and sat and talked to them for a while.

Later on in the afternoon, we went to a country fair in the next town and saw our friends Ray and Debbie. We had some Fried dough, and walked around to see the sights.

Last night, we had my daughter's best friend's parents over the house for dinner. Such wonderful people.

That's it for now.... on to the news:

Jaws in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies. (This is hilarious!)

Another weird flash animation:
The Fly Guy

Planet Dissolving Dust-Cloud is headed toward Earth. FEMA developing plans to distribute tin foil hat stockpile 3 days after it hits

Man invents thing-a-ma-jig that reduces vehicle emissions by 97% and improves gas mileage by up to 40%. Shell, Exxon & BP execs seen dispatching hitmen

Just because we ALL need our own MIG-21 Aircraft.. EBAY has some for sale!

Ok, what's YOUR caption for this photo?

This is way too funny:
House fly etched in the bottom of a urinal has reduced spillage by 80 percent. Apparently guys just need an interesting aiming point

My headline of the day:
92-year-old releases country music song. "I Knew She Didn't Love Me, The Day I Found My Dentures in the Toilet" expected to be big hit.

That's it for today... enjoy your Monday (if you can)...