My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, September 22, 2005
 
Post 590
The news couldn't have been worse...


I guess I knew all along, as I can see that my dad's getting worse quickly. Pretty much the doctor said all we can do is to manage his pain, and that's all. They're going to set my mom up with someone from hospics to help prepare her.
The doctor was very surprised at how much worse my dad's gotten even in the 3 weeks since he's seen him.
The tests revealed that the cancer is behind his eye socket, in his right ear (lost his hearing there), and in the bones behind the nose/eye that surround the brain.
I'm trying to make my own peace with all of this, but every single quiet moment I have, is filled with thoughts of him.
Dad's taking it as well as can be expected. He knows he just has to wait.

Thank you deeply for all your words and caring.

Other than that, the sleepless nights are back. I'm a "tosser and turner", and every time I wake up, I start thinking about my dad. It's a vicious circle.

My brother is leaving for a cruise on Monday, and I leave on October 8th for one. We've both decided that if something happens while we're gone, we don't want to know about it till we get back. That's just how we feel.

On to (more upbeat) the news:

The Shining, in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies (is anyone checking these out?)

Darwin Strikes Again
Typical hippie artist-type chains himself to tree to show his love for it. Body is found three years later, Darwin surrenders

From the "every cloud has a silver lining" department, high oil prices have resulted in the Alaska state government having enough money for every politician to roll around naked in cash, light cigars with burning c-notes

People argue over whether the face seen in the clouds was that of Jesus or Ringo Starr (with really cool pic of the cloud)

Think Americans don't care?
Strip club reopens in New Orleans, offering $1 private dances to rescue workers!

DNA test proves the wrong man has been paying child support to Skank Amber Frey for the past four years. No deposit, no return (I hope she gives him back EVERY PENNY!)

And here's one for Karen and Carrie:
Stories and pictures of cats who work in stores

And my headline of the day:
John Hinckley seeks weekend passes to visit parents, also wants a girlfriend so he can have a shot at bush

That's it for today... enjoy your Thursday all...