My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, September 26, 2005
Post 592 Not a good weekend for Dad... This is the second time I write this entry, as Blogger ate the first one. Friday night, my friend Ray and I went to a car show over by Aaron's house at Hooters for the last event there of the season. We had a pretty good time as it was a gorgeous evening. Saturday morning, I was supposed to follow Ray to sell his car, but I got a call real early from mom saying "David, come here right now, your dad wants to go to the hospital". Now, if HE wants to go, things must be bad as he hates hospitals. Turns out, he's having severe chest pain, and having a hard time breathing. We rush him to the hospital, and it seems the top two chambers of his heart are beating really fast (fibrillating(sp)), and the bottom two chambers can't keep up. They give him some drugs, and it slows down.. but want to admit him to find out why this happened. While he goes for tests and an x-ray, I take mom out to breakfast quickly. Upon return, we follow him up to his room, and sit there while some wonderful nurses take care of him. We leave after he wants to go to sleep, and I go home and fall asleep on the couch. When I wake up, mom calls and says the doctor has seen him and he's doing ok and not to go up that night. My wife and I then go to a city run, "block party" that evening to celebrate the finishing of a redesign of a downtown street with beautiful brick walkways, antique styled lights and other nice looking things. Part of the party is a car show and I bring my Vette. Well, the city greatly underestimated how many people and cars would show up and by the time the party starts, there's over 400 cars there, and people everywhere! I see the mayor just arriving and ask him "Hey Mr. Mayor, so do you think we should do this more often!" to which he says "Oh my God.... I think so!" (he's kind of a butthead) There's food vendors all over, 3 bands up and down the street and a great time was had by all. Sunday morning, my daughter and I go get mom and bring her to see dad in the hospital. He's looking good, and the nurses are taking good care of him. We stay for quite a while till my brother and his wife get there then go home. Mom comes to my house, and her, my daughter and wife go out to lunch and "shoe shopping" as mom saw some shoes she wanted in a print ad. I go to the cities Mum Festival Parade for a bit. Sunday early evening, mom calls me that the doctor tells us now that dad has pnemonia... ~sigh~ and that they're giving him antibiotics. My brother left today for his cruise.. and I hope he has a great time. That was my weekend, needless to say, I got very little sleep last night. On to the news.... Scream in 30 seconds, re-enacted by bunnies. Woman test drives car. Test drive ends after swimming pool moves into her lane without signaling (w pic) And news of Toronto, home of Carrie: Alien contact is coming. Are we ready? Simply amazing The Jedi Library is an EXACT replica of Trinity College's Library in Dublin! (and I should have seen it, I've been to the Trinity College Library!) The top 50 sci-fi shows of all time McDonald's is going sexy in new Ronald McDonald commercial. Instead of a clown, it features a sexy woman dressed in Ronald's yellow and red (pic) That's all for today... enjoy your day. |