My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, December 05, 2005
 
Post 633
I need more weekends...


Well, it was a good weekend.. relatively speaking.

Saturday we picked up my son's new car, and he's THRILLED with it. It's got a stereo in it that he's in love with, and a big sub-woofer in the trunk.
Saturday night, we went to our wine group's holiday party and had a great time. It was at a gorgeous condo in town, and the food/drink were just perfect.

Sunday morning, we woke to a few inches of snow, and it was the very slippery kind so we took my truck to see my mom for a while, and when the roads got plowed, daughter and wife went to one mall, me and son went to another. He needed some new shoes (sneakers and winter shoes), and a winter coat and we got them all, and I needed some winter shoes and got them too.
Wife and daughter went to a jewelry store in another mall, and daughter had seen a pair of diamond earrings that she wanted, and wife and I bought them for her for her birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.

Other than that... not much going on. I still haven't really started holiday shopping yet... and yes, my back is STILL hurting *groan*.

On to the news:

Remember how your big brother used to try to kill you by getting you to drink soda and eat pop rocks? Be glad he didn't know about mentos (w/video)

The coolest concept car you'll see this week!

In true New Yorker fashion, neither driver gives way at tollbooth. Hilarity ensues (pics)

Aaron, this one is for us....
Top 10 system administrator truths

What you say? Costco starts selling an arcade game unit that includes the AYBABTU game

That's it for today.... try to have a nice Monday...!