My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Post 636 Waiting for this week to end.... Back to the story of my first car: Yes, that car was awesome. I went everywhere with it. It went great in the snow, with some retread snow tires on it, took it to drive-in movies, it had a great back seat for making out with the ladies.. *laughing*. But... the accidents started to get to me. The car was more in the shop than in my driveway. So.... after less than a year, I sold it, believing my next accident might be a bad one. My second car... was a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T that I was in LOVE with. Mine was dark blue with two white stripes around the back, the black vinyl top and Cragar SS mags (chrome 5-star mag wheels). I convinced my mother that R/T meant "Ralley and Touring", instead of the real meaning "Road and Track". This car was FAST! With a 440 engine and a huge 4 barrel carberator, I was in heaven. The funny thing is, this car was an automatic. I used to tell people it was so I could still have that hand free to hold a lady's hand... *LOL*. You can see where my mind was at that age. Oh, it had white leather interior and an 8-track tape player too! I luckily never got a speeding ticket with this car, but I did get it up to 145mph once. The guy I bought this car from.... bought it back from me about a year later, and it's now in his stable of 3 of them. Somewhere, I have a picture of it now.. I'll have to dig it up. PS, big snowstorm early tomorrow morning, so if I'm late, that's why. Now, on to the news: Chicago street performers asked to shut the hell up, discovering that residents don't really want hours of plastic-bucket drumming or six-hour saxophone loops of "The Flintstones" theme Now here's an idea I like: CBS to offer NCAA Tournament online for free Coca-Cola to launch new coffee-infused soft drink called "Coca-Cola Blak" in 2006 Japanese deal with invasion of six-foot jellyfish in their traditional manner: By eating them That's it for today... enjoy your day! |