My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Friday, December 09, 2005
Post 637 Snow, Snow, Everywhere! Yep, the snow is POUNDING us this morning. 6-10 inches are predicted by later this afternoon. Schools are closed everywhere, and my daughter gets a nice day off today. Ray came over last night to watch both the UCONN Womens and Mens basketball games, which they both won! He's leaving this afternoon to go to Maine for the weekend, but the snow's supposed to be worst up there. While I had my Dodge Coronet R/T, that winter, I purchased a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle to cart me around in the winter. Those wide tires on the R/T wouldn't get me anywhere in snow. One day, while it wasn't snowy out, but cold, my brother needed a car as his was in the shop, and I let him use the beetle. The next day, I find the windshield shattered on the passenger side and him clueless as to what happened. Turns out, years later he tells me he stopped fast, and a friend of his in the passenger side smacked his head on the windshield. Oh well.... (Karen, I'll get to the van story when it's time... patience!) LOL BTW, I'm off work on Monday, so there might be no blog that day. And now, on to the news: Hey Aaron, how big IS that Element? Tampa commissioners fight the legality of mobile strip clubs, but it looks like they are safe under the First Amendment And another one for the man that claims he'll eat anything: "Strawberry milk-flavored fish sausage" returns to becoming staple of Japanese diet And one I find hilarious: Hollywood suck factory pinches off a "CHiPs" remake starring Fez from "That '70s Show" as Ponch Playboy Playmates arrested for being unruly on flight. Air marshals issue stiff I don't know if my heart can take this one: Pop-Tarts... a health food??? And now... for my famous, if not infamous, BOTD! And One more... just cause! Have a great weekend all...! |