My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, December 12, 2005
 
Post 638
Fooled ya, I'm in work today!


Well, the plans I had for today got pushed back to tomorrow, so I'm taking tomorrow off instead.

Yep, we got smacked hard with snow on Friday... got about 10 inches at my house.

Well, this weekend, or at least Saturday, was a busy one. Saturday afternoon, we went to a wine tasting, then spent the rest of the day looking at new flat-screen TV's. I think the wife burned out looking as she almost fell asleep twice while I talked to the salesmen about options.
There's 3 we were very impressed with, but by the end of the day, I think the wife didn't want to think TV's anymore. We'll see what happens. (like normal, now she's wondering if we really need one... *sigh*)

I was sad to see Richard Pryor pass on this weekend... I really thought he was a great comedian, and loved him in the movie "Brewsters Millions", and "Stir Crazy".

Other than that, not much going on. I still have LOTS of Christmas shopping to do... hopefully I'll get a bit of it done tomorrow.

And now, the news:

The AFI's top 10 movies/tv shows of the year (I definitely don't agree with them)

Here ya go Aaron, if you can't afford a sailboat...:
Want to go for a sail but don't have a boat? Simple, just strap some flotation to the side of your car and drive into the Mediterranean Sea. (w/ pic)

Engineer outwits fingertip-recognition devices with Play-Doh

Cecil Adams considers the reasons why statues from ancient Greece have small penises

You'll love this one:
West Virginian writes phony check for car insurance, gets into accident, and thinks insurance company should pay for it. The court agrees. Submitter humbly requests "W.V." tag

If you're going to click on ONE link today, make it this one.
Coolest pictures you'll see today -- National Wildlife's photography contest winners. The winner is an owl so Fark rules require you to click on this link

There's a contest, of Latte Art????
Coolest pictures of coffee you'll see all day

Billionaires trying to outdo each other with the largest submarine

And my headline of the day:
Pope denounces materialism from balcony of marble, gold-domed building in midst of jewel-encrusted religious icons while wearing giant gold cross

Have a great Monday...!