My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Friday, December 16, 2005
 
Post 641
Ahh... Friday at last!


Well, it's finally Friday, and there's a nice, slick, layer of ice on the roads this morning. Yep, we had freezing rain last night, and driving in early this morning was a lot of fun. Living in the NorthEast... isn't it great! *chuckle*

I had a few nice words about my "PodCast" yesterday, so I made a second one. I hope you like it.
It's pretty odd, talking into the computer like that, not knowing who's listening. Once upon a time, I dreamed of being a radio jockey.. wondering how I'd do. I know I need a lot of practice.. but who knows.
I'm not sure how many more I'm going to do.. we'll see how people like them. *S*

Other than that, tomorrow I should be finishing up my Christmas Shopping.. then Sunday, my friend Ray called me and has tickets to the UCONN Men's Game at the Hartford Civic Center for the 2pm game! That ought to be a great time.

Just in time to start your weekend with a smile, here's a great joke for you all that I got in email this morning:

After the Great Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the Presidents of the breweries decide to go to the pub for a drink.

The coors President said "Can I have the only beer made with Rocky Mountain Spring Water: a Coors, please."

The bartender gave him the drink.

Then the Budweiser President orders, "The King Of Beers -- Budweiser."

The bartender proceeds with the order.

The Amstel President walks in and orders "The Finest Beer ever."

The bartender gives him an Amstel.

Then the Guinness President says, "I'll have a coke please."

The bartender is taken aback by this but gives the coke to him anyway.

All the Presidents looked over at him and said, "Why have you ordered a coke?"

He replied, "Well if you all aren't drinking beer, then neither shall I."


On to the news:

If you don't listen to my PodCast, here's one of the stories there:
You knew it was coming. Is "King Kong" racist? The real question is: Do journalists make up controversy rather than covering real news? Signs point to yes

Britney ranks as Yahoo's "most searched for celebrity" this year. Other terms high in search rankings: Skank, Cletus, trailer, double-wide and Cheetos

The F-22A Raptor is now operational. Be afraid, enemies of freedom, because we now have a dozen high tech jet fighters to unleash upon you
Here's a nice, big pic of the bad boy!

Castles in the US!

And here's one just for you Karen:
Latest trend in Japan -- a vibrator in every handbag *LOL*

And for a little fun today, The Do-Wop Horses! (click on each one to start/stop)

How about taking The Christmas Gullibility test

And finally, What guy among us wouldn't want to find THIS BOTD beneath his tree!

There's ALWAYS room for one more!

Have a great weekend all...!